Our SEND provision is a 46-week course designed to provide 16–18-year-olds with a structured and challenging programme to support their development and progression in line with their career plans.
The SEND programme is aimed to provide young people with the skills required to prepare them effectively for adulthood. The programme is very much tailored to individual requirements and includes employability skills, independent living, confidence building and self-esteem. Although qualifications are not necessarily the focus of the programme, we always encourage young people to develop their skills and knowledge in English and maths alongside employability skills. We also focus on personal development, behaviour, welfare and attitudes of the young people, all learners will work towards identified areas of improvement throughout their time at GKTS.
What young people can expect from lessons at GKTS:
- Fun and friendly learning environment
- Bite sized learning
- Small class numbers
- Varied support dependent on individual needs
- Independent living skills
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Work placement opportunities
- Interview skills and CV building
- Preparation for the world of work